I was a geek this weekend. I played Dungeons and Dragons for the first time in about twelve or thirteen years. I never much played it before, mostly because I didn't know anyone. I did have the old PC game from about 1990. It was rather limited.
This time out I had a dwarf (Willikers) and a magician-elf (Sevrin). My dwarf takes a hit on charisma right away, which didn't help me when I bought a lute and tried playing it in town for gold pieces. People paid me to stop. My roommate had a half-orc, which I dubbed Jerome later, and a halfling thief named something, but not Gorthon. Our DM sent us to a town where, after a while, we got into this fight with some undead demon girl. She was pissed because we had her doll. She swooped down and slashed the orc hard. Since my dwarf had the doll and she wouldn't talk to us (we found her before and she wouldn't then either, even when we returned the doll the first time), he ripped the head off. The demon girl got pissed and attacked my dwarf. Willikers then threw it in the fire. We managed to kill the girl and some elf guy claiming to be her father came down through the ceiling, took her away, and left a bag of crystal meth or something. I still kind of have a gut ache from the potato chips and screwdrivers.
Anyway, it's good to be a geek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment