When I got back from lunch, I saw a dead squirrel lying in the driveway. I didn't want anyone to squash it and get guts all over, so I went to move it. I walked over to shove it out of the way with my foot and I thought I saw it breathing. I nudged it with my foot and it's eyes opened and it squirmed a bit. It didn't look like it was hit by a truck and it didn't show any other physical injury. I though about kicking its head in to keep it from suffering, but thought better of it; deciding not to play god or anything like it.
I went inside but decided I should at least move it so it wouldn't get run over. I grabbed a shovel from the warehouse and went to scoop it up and move it into the bushes. When I got closer, I noticed that it had stood up and moved a little. I went near it and tapped the shovel. It slowly (for a squirrel) moved into the bushes and out of harms way. Maybe it was just a little sick or maybe it's dead now. I'm glad I didn't kill it myself. Some things are best left alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment