Last night, I had a crappy time at WORT. It reminded me of why I’m working my way out of there. I got into combo B at 7 as usual to find that the reformatted computer (Russian porn virus) lacked the recording software. After swearing and fiddling for another program capable of fulfilling the task, I drug my commentator down to the dungeon micro studio. That studio is not preferable since it’s hot in there and there’s an annoying echo. Since people were waiting, I never got to finish my conversation wit the first one. Next, I got a pair in to do a commentary. They went on for four minutes. The limit is two. They were polite about and set about to edit it.
At 7:30, I usually have access to combo A. The computer in there works fine. The problem was that the combo B computer lacked even Real Player, which I need to stream the 7:30 show. I had to stream it out of the other studio, which meant more time in the dungeon studio. Thankfully, again, my reader was patient and we kicked it out easily. The other commentators edited their script and read it in two minutes and they were off. By this time, I got combo A and finished the whole deal.
I performed my minstrel show well and kept everyone happy again. I’m kind of tired of it. I doubt anyone else that does my program (it’s shared) could pull that shit off week after week. Usually, I can go into WORT in a foul mood and come out in a good one. Lately, it’s been the other way around. Almost all of the people I have ever dealt with are good people and I enjoy them, but the system fails more than I can handle anymore.
I phoned my roommate and got him to pick up some good beer, had two for dinner and relaxed. Soon it will be over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment