Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Streets Are A'Buzz

I headed downtown to get a new pair of shoes and found the streets crawling with bland, affable suburbanites. Not only was downtown hosting the weekly farmer's market, but the new Overture Center had an open house, some run/walk deal was amassing people at street corners, REAP had a festival on MLK Jr. Boulevard, and the Willy Street Festival is starting soon.

I wasn't impressed with the Overture Center. It's nice in a bland sort of way. They had some dancing totem heads and mimes there. Both were creepy, in the hiding-under-your-bed sort of way. The REAP festival was kind of small and the run/walk wasn't compelling. Soon, there will be beer and bands on the nearest main drag. I need that after this last week at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...