Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Post #79 Rev 87.3345

Holy Butt Muffins! It's been over a month since I last wrote here. It reminds me how much difference a month can make. Here's a list, since I can't think of a paragraph form I want to use. Then again, these are just paragraphs with numbers in front of them.

1. I was accepted to Edgewood's MBA program last month. They did that even without my GMAT score, which sucks, since I kind of worried about that for months before I took the damn exam. I also got about six classes waved, thanks to my GMAT score, and my education here.

2. My trip is mostly lined up for Puerto Rico. I've got the tickets purchased and a hotel (TWO stars!) in San Juan for the first three nights. I still need to rent a car from here and figure out where my roommate and I can hike through a rainforest, but hey, that'll come, uh, sometime.

3. I'm obsessive-compulsive! Yep, all that stress and brain noise was from trying to order an orderless world. My head shrinker gave me medication for that and now I feel much better. I don't read internet articles on Cleveland's 20th century population trends for three hours, nor do I rearrange my mp3's (formerly cd's) every two weeks. I still yell at all those damn crappy drivers, but there's not a cure. Some things are just too ingrained.

4. Kids can drive me nuts and make me laugh. My nieces and nephews drove me up the wall at Christmas. You put them all together at a time when they get a bunch of presents, and they freak out. I had that three days in a row. On a lighter note, my youngest nephew, Willy Joe, smiles a lot, says "hi" to you every time he turns around, and "no" to all you questions. Plus he eats all the time. By that, I mean I honestly saw him with food in hand more than without. The little shit is solid. He must weigh twice as much as a normal kid his age. Little fat, too. At new years, I saw Sophie, Maddie, and Miles. They were much more laid back. Maddie barely stops smiling, kind of like those little Lego people.

5. I started class. It's pretty good, but I'll miss the second class, because of Puerto Rico. I think I'll like this whole graduate thing. Then again, I'll curse it soon enough when exams start. Oh well.

That's an update. Time to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...