Thursday, February 3, 2005

Almost

I almost made it on the air last night. The folks at Queery told me that Casey called and would be late, so I said I’d play some music until he got there. That sent my into a fury of running through the music library looking for stuff. I decided that ‘70’s punk would be a good place to start. Since I was filling in for Captain Analog Fox, I had to start on vinyl. I found “Singles Going Steady” and queued up “I Don’t Mind” and then “Janie Jones”. Sybil walked in so I asked her twenty million questions on how to operate the board for a live show. She helped and gave me tips on some more music. Before long, I also had the Pretenders and the Ramones queued up. I tried to find some Wire, but couldn’t find anything I knew off hand. I had my carts and music lined up.

Then Casey walked in. He complemented me on my choices, said I should do a show sometime, and then he prepared for a show full of music by people who died in the last few years. It was a good show. Thanks goes out the commentator who patiently waited while I ran around collecting stuff.

Almost, but not quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...