Wednesday, June 22, 2005

You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

About 9:30 last night, my roommate and I went for a bike ride around the isthmus. Nothing of note happened for a while. I saw that State Street was continuing its decline with more overture center crap and Muffy and Buffy types who have trouble looking both ways before crossing.

Things got interesting at the end. Shaun and I got separated, but I caught up to him on King Street. I shouted at him, but he ignored me. Then I caught up and heard him swearing. His rear tire was flat and his front brake was really squealing. To let out aggression, he was jumping over every curb, landing on that flat tire.

We made it to the bike path. I had to bite my cheeks to keep from laughing. Here's a guy riding the ghetto thumper complete with squeaky brakes and the "thumpata-thumpata" of the flat tire, cursing in a manor that would make the Barbary Pirates blush. Whenever he'd come up on unsuspecting pedestrians, swearing up a storm and jumping his bike over everything, they would slowly turn their heads and look at him in a that-boy-ain't-right manor.

I think he's going to get another bike.

2 comments:

  1. far-be-it from me to correct anyone's spelling, but i'm kind of amused by "that-boy-ain't-right manor." i'm imagining a big, spooky victorian mansion on top of a hill, inhabited by a group of 16-year old screw-ups, wandering around the house in their backwards baseball caps, walking into walls, high-fiving each other and saying things like "you da man," in a that-boy-ain't-right manner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we don't wear baseball caps, we don't say "you da man", we are older than 16, and we living in an apartment building by a river or one that passes as a river in Madison, but other than that, you have it right.

    ReplyDelete

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...