Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ok Bink, What Does the Runner Up Get?

So there's this girl that my roommate works with. Somehow, she took a noticeable interest in me. It must be noticeable if I can detect it. So I've called her a couple of times and have generally been patient. Then last night, she shows up at this party with some guy who looks like his name should be Chip. Later in the night, she tells me something about how she's going to date him and would date me if he wasn't around or something and how we can still hang out. Right. It's kind of like the old 70's and 80's game shows where the winner gets a 6 night/7 day trip to the Mediterranean and the runner up gets a week's supply of shitty coffee and the board game so he can relive the failure with friends and family.

I'll pass.

4 comments:

  1. Did this nice girl happen to call my house TWICE last night?? I star 69'd the call that came in that I told you about on your cell and realized at around 4:45 this morning that it was your cell number. It sounded like she was really drunk and at a party, so it must have been her. I wouldn't worry about Chip. Things could change...patience. I'm listening to a mix tape you made me a billion years ago. It's still awesome. You rock! I found it along with the Moxy Time Review Turf club performance tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That was Sarah, but not the same one in this post. She works with Shaun and has the most wicked sense of humor I've seen. I had her do that. Sorry!

    2. I'm out of patience.

    3. I need to borrow the Moxy tape. I can convert it to mp3 at WORT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured you must have had her do it after I figured out that it was your number. I was a little counfused because her voice sounded like one of the kids I know and I thought they were doing it. Also, I expect something a little more clever than that from you. I like the name you gave to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...
    That girl in the posting just sounds manipulating - playing silly games, but I guess some women think they have to do that.
    I would stay off if I were you
    XXX
    Aasa

    ReplyDelete

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...