Try as the administration did to put some "official" school spirit in the student body, we always prided ourselves on defining our own spirit, dour as that may have been at times. We had a lot of colorful characters, both likeable and not. We had Sven, who wore a viking helmet and pissed on random bushes on campus; Grimace, who sported a 'fro and any chemical pleasure you desired; Ben, who wore skirts and rode big wheels to class; Bowman, a complete slob; Rebecca Newman, who sang to squirrels (which is the only sort-of nice thing I can say about her) and many, many more. But instead of using their imaginations, they came up with this mascot.

Meet Mac, a chipper-looking Scotsman. I lived in Scotland for a short time and I never saw a Scotsman look this happy, even with beer. This mascot looks like he's hopped up on cocaine and NO2 AND has a banana shoved up his ass.
For shame.....
This is fucking awful. I almost spit out the bong water I was drinking when I saw this. My $80 grand went to THIS! Holy shit. I won't give them money again unless they promise that it won't go toward Mac's dry cleaning for his fucking stinking ass kilt. Long live the virginity bell and Dupre 6. The only real Mac mascots!!
ReplyDeleteThis is the worst thing to happen at Macalester since they ended need-blind admissions. It’s obvious they just glued a beard and kilt onto a Super Mario Bros costume. They’re heading for a public relations disaster because it’s only a matter of time before “Mac” gets raped by furries at a rugby game.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Yeah, I finally succumbed to peer pressure and started my own blog.
P.P.S. I agree with Anonymous.
Now this is why I NEVER give to Macalester. I'm sure the money they spent on this could have been used to say, run another SCF or two. That's the kind of kilt-wearing goofballs we like to see.
ReplyDeleteMedic!
All totally right, this thing is terrible. Dave hit the nail on the head. We need another SFC, not a crazed looking, somewhat offensive mascot.
ReplyDeleteIs campus security prepared to deal with 1,600 students freaking out simultaneously if “Mac” shows up at Springfest? Do they have any idea what kind of long-term psychological damage that could cause?
ReplyDeleteI'm tempted to finally catch a Macalester football game, kidnap the mascot, and demand tuition reimbursement for his release. When I get the cash, Mac will be murdered. Not the guy IN the costume, but the costume itself.
ReplyDeleteThey'll probably make another one.
God damn it.
"If you kill me, two more will take my place!"
ReplyDelete