Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Melvyn

I've just been admonished for my failure to post much recently. A lot of times, I have nothing interesting going on, like Dave does, or nothing witty to say, like Jo-Na, or nothing insightful to say, like Åsa. I do tend to post more than Shari or Michael, but that could change, also.

So to keep up appearences, here's a picture of my last pet, Melvyn.



I picked up Melvyn the same day I got my iguana tattoo. Turns out one of the artists wanted to give up his. So I woke up one morning with no iguanas, and went to bed with two, in a way.

Jo or Na wondered what kind of iguana owner I was. I didn't walk shirtless down State Street with him and I didn't try to pick up anyone with him. I mainly just let him wander around the house, freaking out at his own reflection. Sometimes I would help him discard his dead skin, rub his dewlap, trim his toenails (I have scars from those), or feed him.

Unfortunately, Melvyn died of kidney failure. People, even vets, will feed them animal protein. Melvyn had a fair bit before I got him. It takes a while, but he died when he was 4, but I got him big and fat before then.

Anyway, there's one pet I've had amongst the dozens my family has had.

2 comments:

  1. Insightful? Ha ha ha; I am not so sure about that but thank you :)

    Very cool picture of Melvin.
    Also I love that name on an iguana, kinda surreal to put a name you would expect to belong to a office worker on an iaguana.

    Glad you started posting again....had a long break there
    :)
    Aasa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resent the fact that you said nothing exciting happened in your life recently. I mean, we DID visit, didn't we? Keep your eyes open for my latest post so you can see how our trip home was.

    ReplyDelete

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...