My nephew, Ben, is autistic and autistic children's minds work differently from ours. They have certain obsessions and have delayed social development. One of Ben's obsessions is what version of Windows everone is running and he'll remember six months down the line. He also knows what stuff is in each version and that Windows 95 sucks, since he has an old computer with it for his games.
On the social development side, he'll say things at inappropriate times. My sister decided to prohibit Ben from using bad words, so he won't use them at the wrong time. He can't say someone is stupid, mean, or anything like it. So the yesterday, he was pissed off at my sister and he said "You're Windows 95!" He also called her a banana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
I should start using that in my job.
ReplyDeleteCustomer: "I can't login to the website."
Me: "You're so Windows 95!"
Oh, the possibilities.
That's great! I'm gonna start using that one too.
ReplyDeleteGirlfriend: "we don't spend enough time talking"
Me "why would I want to I'm sooo Linux and you're Windows 95!"
Classic!