Thursday, November 17, 2005

Viva Prowlahtary Ot!

Jo-Na has a great post on snobbery. I can relate to it in the sense that sometimes I seem to speak a foreign language to people around me. This is especially true in the construction company where I work. My internal monologue prizes certain works that just aren't spoken, yet slip out from time to time. Thankfully, when drinking any kind of alcohol, my base Wisconsinite language comes out in full force, "ain'ts" and "ehs" included. People understand me better then.

Anyway, that guy is mistaken. Shakers is clearly (no pun intended) the best vodka available.

2 comments:

  1. Shakers is definitely the best vodka I’ve ever had, although Grey Goose and Stolichnaya are also excellent. Ketel One has a little too much flavor to use in martinis, but it’s wonderful to cook with. Smirnoff is disgusting; maybe you can wash windows with it, or use it to disinfect a wound. A pet’s wound, anyway. I’ll use Gordon’s on my own wounds, thank you.
    How snobbish was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been thinking... alcohol snobbery is kind of a relative thing, isn't it? i mean, i love local microbrews and boycott miller, which i'm sure sounds annoying and snobbbish. but i will happily drink schlitz, blatz, huber, etc., and there's a warm place in my heart for liquor in plastic bottles. i'm still an alcohol snob, though, if i just drink those beers for the credit i get for going low-brow.

    the good thing about alcohol snobbery is that, as you nicely pointed out, after a couple of drinks it all wears off and everyone can relate just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...