So the last month and a half has been a bit of a roller coaster. Christmas was plenty stressful, with the nieces and nephews freaking out like junkies in a poppy field. New Years in Minnesota was thankfully laid back. I had to deal with respiratory inflammation, and when that subsided, deal with ticks and jerks of my left hand and head. I started to feel like I was about 83. With some blood pressure medication (hey, I'm 100/60, it just has other uses) my ticks are minimal. But that only treats the symptom, so I still don't know what is up. I do have an appointment with a neurologist in March. For now, I'll put it as far back in my mind as possible and wait for a diagnosis.
The other down is that a hand full of people that I know just isn’t doing so well lately. It seems like something is in the air. So with my empathy in overdrive, I'm amazed that I am this calm. The upshot is that Steve moved in and he's a welcome change for Shaun and me. We've been reliving our 1992 Russia trip for the eightieth time. It seems like new stories pop up for each other, whether it is being chastised by babushkas or getting lost jogging through Riga. Other bits of our lives have found new humor, also. I guess that is keeping me sane.
Anyway, the next couple of months are looking up, or at least this weekend, as Friday is the Flogging Molly concert and Saturday is Perfect the Mohito Recipe night. Ah, drunken fun....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment