Friday, February 3, 2006

A Drink or Two

When I got home last night, neither Steve nor I wanted to sit around. We started thinking about where we wanted to be. Trocadero sounded perfect, but the hour car ride did not. Since Steve hadn't been there since Bush the Elder was president, we went to the Essen house, gorged, and drank. Jeremy and Shaun caught up with us later and we headed to Nachtspiel.

Now here's the annoying part. We ordered a round of mojitos and the bartender rolled his eyes in annoyance. After he made them, he proceded to ignore us for the next half an hour, even thought he bar is about fifteen feet long. When I paid for the drinks ($24), the change came to three fives and and a one. Now most bartenders know to break one five into singles so the tip will be better. Considering the service, I wasn't about to leave a 20%+ tip. I would have left closer to 15% had I had some singles in my wallet. So I left the single I did have. As we left, he sent the waitress out to return the single.

What a bastard. I generally have much sympathy for wait staff and bartenders (I was one for a little bit), but that was just annoying. Anyway, I tipped very well at the other places.

Dave posted the Sports Illustrated cover when he was born, so I'm doing the same. Unforturnately, I have a race car driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...