Friday, January 19, 2007

Perfect Use

If you bike in Madison and head east on the Capitol Bike Path, you've past the old Garver Mill plant. I find the urban splunking movement interesting and love looking at the pictures of the old, crumbling buildings. Madison just doesn't have many. The Garver site is the exception. There has been talk for years on what to do with it and a new proposal looks perfect. It's adjacent to Olbrich Gardens and near the Williamson neighborhood, which already has artistic bent. The picture in the article just doesn't do it justice. It's a pretty cool building, to say the least.

In other news, I got an African Fat-Tailed gecko for Christmas. She's quite beautiful and named Leopold. I already had the name picked out and she *may* be male, but odds are she's a she. She looks like this:



She really doesn't like to be held, so I leave her alone to veg out. Funny thing is, last Friday I was out for Nathan Moore's (WORT News Director) good-bye part and was talking to his wife. She said she had a bearded dragon she was giving up to a good home and hadn't yet found one. Well, now I have a bearded dragon named Louie. He's very, very mellow and very social. I watch shows with him sleeping on my chest. Here's what he looks like:



So I must say I'm quite happy with the additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...