Monday, March 19, 2007

A Place To Hide

Sometimes I like to think of places to go to be out of the way so I can just exist. I'm not sure how happy I'd actually be doing this, but it's a good daydream release. I've always thought of being near the Arctic Circle in winter as all the tourists would be gone and I may have the grudging respect and rancorous ridicule of being there when the sun is on the horizon during high noon.

So I found these out-of-the-way spots. Maybe Åsa would know something about a couple of these:

Tórshavn: 19,000 people on a series of islands of 48,000 between Norway and Iceland.

Åland: Kind of the same thing as above, but closer to larger places.

Falkland Islands: Free from invasion since 1982! Lots of sheep.

Vladivostok: Ok, this place has a lot of people, but is at the end of the line for the Trans-Siberian Railroad. The route itself is seclusion, with periodic tea and vodka breaks.

So there it is. I'm sure there's more when I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...