So these days I cannot drink. The slow decline of my boozing began a handful of years ago as going out was not as fun and drinking more than a couple of beers made me feel groggy. I found that I had a better time if I just didn't drink. I staid awake the whole night out and didn't devolve into the Reverend Jim Ignatowski, and a surly one at that.
The begin of the end began last year as I ticked and jerked. My doctor changed medications on me and the new one didn't go well with alkyhawl. The final nail in the coffin was yet another change in medication and my doctor said "Nyet!" to any more drinking. That was no big deal to me, as I only desired a beer every so often.
The funny thing happened today, but I must back up a little. I had the whole (I mean every one plus my uncle) over for dinner for Frank's birthday and to meet my new roommate, Stanley. My father brought over a six pack of beer. I still have a lot left over from when Shari and Michael visited and the last time the family came over for dinner.
Today when I opened the fridge, I realized that I need to rearrange the contents to fit everything so the eggs and orange juice wouldn't fall out upon the opening of the door. I saw the remenants of the six pack and said *scough* "More beer!?!"
The me of five years ago would have bitch slapped the me of today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment