Sunday, May 27, 2007

Play Ball!

Instead of sitting inside today, Shaun and I decided to do something a bit more active than watching TV. We headed down to State Street and it was buzzing. Funny, I still no longer enjoy that place. I used to always be down there five, ten years ago. It took a gyros and canceled plans to move on to something else.

We headed out to the dreaded west side as that was the only location of an REI and Shaun is collecting gear to go camping down in South Carolina in a couple of weeks. I wanted to pick up a soccer ball and a new baseball glove. The last I had of each was about twenty and eight years respectively. And that glove was from when I was nine or ten.

Shaun found a good deal on a tent that seems easy to set up. I think I may grab one and force myself to go camping more. I used to love doing that as a kid. I was the best in the troop at starting fires! We missed the good looking check out girl by one costumer. Pisser.

We then headed to a sporting goods store (sadly, not A-1 Sporting goods on Seven Mile Road) to pick up our gloves. After about fifteen minutes, we left with one soccer ball, three baseballs, one bat, two gloves, and some of New Jersey's finest with which to soften our gloves.

The next hour or so was spent doing the same thing I did all day long about twenty-five years ago. Beats watching "Dumb and Dumber" again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...