So the Keren Ann concert finally came and went. I bought the tickets a couple of months ago when they were first available and then counted down the days. I had eight tickets and changed in who was going to take them, but in the end I filled all eight of them with a little help.
I didn't care much for the space, but I think that was all to do with the uncomfortable chairs. Those, combined with hours of driving didn't make my back all too happy. Better than before, but a ways to go.
The concert was great and even better in retrospect. She played guitar with another Art Garfunkle-looking guy playing bass and guitar and another Pirates-eara Orlando Bloom-looking guy with a Borat "Kazakstan" shirt playing trumpet. Most of the time, he was playing into a microphone that was put through something to make it sound more electric. I don't know instruments, so don't ask me any more than that.
It also had the most laid back atmosphere for a show that I've seen. It felt more like a friend playing in college than anything else. I guess it helped that I had seven friends there.
Outside of that, it was good to get out of Dodge and see Michael, Shari and Sophie, as it always is. Now I'm back to work..... that's ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment