Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Stalking Myself

I'm sure everyone who knows how to type has stalked someone online. I'm as guilty as the next guy with a restraining order, but now I take on a new endeavour: stalking myself! Is the ether filled with terrible rumors or just cold hard facts? Am I tied to anyone scandalous, either good or bad? Can my dark past be had a few taps of the keyboard? Here's what I found with my full name:

1. I signed up for a Hoofer's bike ride. It rained and two of the people who signed up have a public Facebook profiles... hmmmm....

2. I took a lot of rugby photos in May.

3. I replied to an article in the Metro Times. Apparently, I don't like George W. Bush and had premonitions that a war was brewing.... Score! An email address yields nothing, until I remove the domain. I find...

4. That I play rugby, or at least converse with the team. Can I find out more by searching the others on this page? Time does not allow.

5. Score! I found a picture of our stalked prey by checking this page, then, typing my last name into the search function, found a picture. Very grumpy... and it's an LGBT magazine.....

6. I'm 34 and listed as living in Madison.

We're not yet done, as I now use the shorter part of my first name:

7. He works at Capitol Mechanical, and HVAC company. The company website turns up little, except a company email address that yields nothing. No time to check on the coworkers.

8. He's a terrible bowler. Evidently his company belong(s)(ed) to some national association.

9. A Facebook search turns up a profile, but unless you're in the Madison or Macalester networks, no information is forthcoming.

Well, I've managed to escape a cluster bomb on the internet, at least to novice searchers. I think one reader may be able to find more....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...