Friday, August 27, 2004

In, ah, Nort'feeld, Dontchano

I made it up to Northfield, Minnesota without a scratch. That's a little bit amazing, since the first hundred miles were marked by dim-witted Minnesota drivers. I thought that it would get worse the closer I got the border, but somehow they became more sane the closer they were to their state. That was a pleasant surprise.

I'm sitting in the Goodbye Blue Monday Cafe. An iced chai tea is gurgling in my stomach. The girl at the counter messed up my order. I didn't complain, because sometimes it forces me to try something new and I find something I like. Not this time. The peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie was great, though.

Well, I'll be heading to my first ever state fair tomorrow. My parents went the the Wisconsin one a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't figure out how we're no longer the fattest state in the union. Hell, we don't even have a city in the Top 25. In you sagging face Detroit! Milwaukee made the Top 25 fittest cities. We rule!

Then again, we are still fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...