I had to run downtown today to pick up some parking passes for work. The ramp closest to the city building was full, but I did find an on-street, metered spot. I parked and cleaned out the not-really-silver from my tray. I plugged about 75 cents into the meter before I realized that the meter had an hour left. This presented a dilemma*; I didn't want to unlock my car and I hate having a bunch of coins in my pocket. I chose instead to plug the meters that had no time, but some poor sap was still parked in. I think I filled about five meters with 20 minutes each. Fuck the man! I had an extra bounce in my step for a while afterwards.
Anyway, enjoy your last day of work, Shari.
* Does anyone remember that old show on PBS (I think) where there would be a dilemma and you had to figure out what stand you would take? I think there was one where a kid demolished his piggy bank on his driveway or it could have been his brother's piggy bank. I don't remember if he didn't have money for some baseball cards later or something. The bookends to the show was some Grizzly Adams-looking, hippy fuck singing "What's Your Opinion" while playing a piano. Anybody remember?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment