I'm sick with a sore throat and a mild earache. Both were much worse yesterday, and I only mustered a couple of hours at work today. I could have done a full day if absolutely necessary, but the two-hour nap helped immensely. This isn't the best week to get sick, since it's only three working days and I have plenty to do. At least my time at work on Friday will be rather quiet.
On a brighter note, I visited friends in Minnesota. We spent all of Saturday on our asses watching bad movies (ok, one was good) and talking. It's been far to long since I did that and I think all of us preferred that to tooling around the Cities. I saw my friends' newborn daughter, which was great, plus other friends' two kids. They also gave me a sip of highly rated vodka, which is made in Minnesota of all places. Well, Minnesota is cold and settled predominately by Scandinavians, so I guess it isn't too strange. Anyway, it was a relaxing weekend.
Since I'm watching "Clash of the Titans" (Perseus is going after Medussa with two scrubs), I've found and done these:
Athena goddess of wisdom and war. You are smart but
sometimes not too smart when you take on too
many tasks. Narrow them down to things you can
do now and can't...or not...
What Greek god or goddess are you like?
brought to you by Quizilla
Yo - I got your cold. Blech. Also, you were supposed to take the vodka with you. It will be waiting for you when you arrive for New Year's. There's incentive for you!
ReplyDeleteIf it's an earache, then go to the doctor and get antibiotics. I still have it.
ReplyDeleteI left the vodka back on purpose. Yummy for New Years.