
Electric Warrior - T. Rex

I've trumpeted this album in the past, so I will again. This one was somewhat ignored on this side of the Atlantic and anybody my age only heard of this by proxy growing up as Powerstation covered "Get It On (Bang a Gong), which MTV aired a lot. Forget that, buy this one. Or rip it from a friend. Or ask me.

The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society

For some reason only know to J. Edgar Hoover and Ray Davies, Ray wasn't allowed entrance into the US in the late '60s. The Kinks missed out on the bulk of the counter culture and that is a good thing. Instead of pumping out a copy of White Rabbit or some Beatles crap, they came up with this.

Spring - Cyann & Ben

Both melodic and chilling, this is a great album to listen to if you find yourself staring at your bathroom tile or something else for no reason.

Live at Leeds - The Who

Ok, so some of you may have this. "NO!" you say, you have the 1995 expanded version. Well, drop that and get the two-disc set with Tommy on it.

Loveless - My Bloody Valentine

This is the best album of 1991. It's not Ten, Nevermind, or C.M.B. This one.

Mwng - Super Furry Animals

I wore my Super Furry Animals shirt to a restaurant. It simply says "Furries" on it. The hostess asked me if I was a Furry
. Can't say that I am. Anyway, this album is the top selling Welsh language album of all time. Ok, that's not hard, but get it anyway.

Kick Out the Jams - MC5

One sentence: "It's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!"
So there it is. Pick on me if you must.
No comments:
Post a Comment