So Friday night I went to visit Steve. I made it to some veteran bookstore, upgraded to trendy bookstore with adjacent Starbucks, just in time to catch Steve's portion of his poetry reading. He's a good public speaker and had the crowd giggling. He was by far the most interesting one. The next read so focused and monotonous that I kind of missed it and the next was pretentious in the happy-psuedo-granola-I'm-a-liberated-womyn-really-I-am sort of way. Steve had the copy of the M Magazine that he was on the cover of a year and a half ago, so I was able to read that.
We headed, as usual, to Trocadero. On empty stomachs and mojitos, we caught up on the dramas in our lives (95% Steve, 5% me). That guy's life is never dull and he had more than usual this time. He seems to handle it all well enough. We need to trade skins for a week. That'll give me something to talk about and him a much-needed rest.
Saturday, I headed to Eric's to get a bike rack for my car and a CO2 pump for flats and then to Blue Mound State Park to finally use my mountain bike for which it was designed. I opted to try the intermediate path and learned that I'm a beginner mountain biker, i.e. a complete pussy. I actually have scars and stories to excuse myself from jumping straight into hard-core biking. I'll have to post pictures of my scars, among other things. Anyway, I was happily failing to conquer the trail when I snapped my chain. I was only a half-hour into it. I was kind of pissed in the Better Off Dead-sort of way, but still hiked around a bit and headed home. Of course, everyone I knew was working that night, so I caught up on some tv.
Anyway, thanks the Michael the Librariman for his quick response to my nucular reesrch request. One of the benefits of OCD is that I think of something and have to read about it. So if anyone needs a trivia team member, I'm your man!
Anyway, back to drawing lines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
don't give up hope; thanks to the miracle of the internet you can be a poet too. here's the best one i got, courtesy of http://cmdrtaco.net/poemgen.cgi:
ReplyDeleteLife is
looking for
the Pinellas Park Hypocritical Lifers? My decided to overthrow,
bribe or so much clarity well, because I
seen so he cut
the morning, he rushed to
do, was working that surprised the
other rationalizations,
but they go to
post
pictures of these damn things. that
I made it
sails more note. My perspective, I
remember the
phone! AND I caught up to
a dead cadaver
by Henry @ Location:
Madison, without being
said, she
had
one particular precepts?Be proclaimed
and smiling like wet
dog instead of an
introvert. I
live with the counselor who, mind you, post pictures
of says pouring through my oldest
high That was playing
in the body shop and
tape and like wet dog instead
of Food Inbetween the type that
damn gland.