Right now I'm supposed to be lounging at the Terrace, waiting for the free, outdoor screening of "The Big Lebowski" to start. Somehow, my roommate hasn't let me know the plan. I could go myself, but that wouldn't be much better than watching it here. With my luck, I'd sit next the dimmest kids in the land and have no one with which to laugh at them. I could create a little party in my head, with my brother-in-law, Crispin Glover, Junichiro Koizumi, and that guitar-playing, kid entertaining hippy couple who lived on the corner of Robert and Maynard Drive in Sun Prairie when I was a kid, but I doubt I could keep it up for long. Too many divergent voices to narrate.
Instead, I'm sitting on my deck, drinking a beer while staring at the Capitol Building and listening to the train go by. Not all bad, I guess.
I'll try calling Shari again.... busy.
Anyway, one little point of interest is that two blogs I read from people who haven't met wrote on the same thing today.
Funny. Small world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
Well, they say you could see the smoke all the way from O'Hare. I'm surprised the whole of Chicagoland Bloggers aren't writing about it.
ReplyDeleteHey, nothing beats the 1993 Great Cheese Warehouse Fire of Madison. God, I guess that stunk. I was away at Macalester at the time.
ReplyDelete