In the Spring of '95, I studied in England and was blessed with a 5 and a half week spring break. Of course I took the opportunity to wander around the Continent, bouncing from city to city. It consisted of arriving, finding lodging, converting money, finding food, finding things to do, talking to people (being somewhat shy, that takes a lot of energy for me), sleeping, waking up, rinse, repeat. Day in and day out, I had to figure out everything again and again. By the time I made it to Switzerland to catch up with my parents, I was utterly burned out. I turned off my brain and let them decide everything. That gave me a much needed rest.
Lately, it's been the same. Wake up, go to work, figure things out, go home, do homework (or avoid it), see who's around, do chores, get a beer, etc. Again, I need to figure all of this out. I'm finding simple things, like brushing my teeth, agonizingly tedious. I wish someone would say "This is how it is" so I could turn off my mind and get some much needed mental rest.
*yawn* it's the weekend in seven hours, which means sleep and biking. That's not too difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment