I think I found where my ancestor came from. His name was Kettle Helgeson, but there were many Kittle Helgesons in the south-central Wisconsin. So his last name became Stockland after the area where he was basically a sharecropper.
So interesting, isn't it? Oh, and this is where my mother's side of the family came from many, many moons ago.
Hmmm, I think it`s very interesting to find out abuot ancestors, and digg a littel in the past.
ReplyDeleteHow did you get the information???
:)
Aasa
Ha, ha, ha!
ReplyDeleteThey were from Stokke in NOrway!?!?
Maybe we are related
;)
Aasa - again
It may not be Stokke exactly. I think there's a region northwest of Oslo called Stokland. It could be there, too. I forget exactly. I found out when we had a family reunion on the German side of the family. One guy came all the way from Berlin. He as distantly related to all of us and had an encyclopedic knowlege of last names. He pointed that out.
ReplyDeleteYou could be related to half of south-central Wisconsin. There's a lot of Norwegians here.