Ok, so I got tagged by Asa, which means I have to list a few songs that I've been listening to recently. Like her, I didn't know what this was until now. This is a list that's hard to pare down, since I listen to music something like 13.45 hours of every day: at work, at home, in the car, with my ipod. So, I hit random in my player and here a few songs that popped up:
Here She Comes Now: Velvet Underground (absolutetly unappreciated in their own time and underrated now.
Playground Love: Air (This is how I know Air, from the Virgin Suicides soundtrack)
The Man Who Sold the World: Nirvana verison (I like the Bowie one a little better)
Risingson: Massive Attack (From a great album, one of the best of the last ten years)
Curse of a Fallen Soul: Dropkick Murphys (In Milwaukee in October!)
Highly Illogical: Leonard Nimoy (Highly scarry music)
Hot Love: T. Rex (Everyone knows how much I love the album)
Tenement Funster: Queen (You can always tell the Roger Taylor songs: girls, cars, teenage stuff)
And She Was: Talking Heads (There was this time in college that I could hear the highway breathing while watching this girl run around)
Sunday Morning Coming Down: Johnny Cash (This song is true to life)
Staralfur: Sigur Ros (At the Orpheum here in town! Shit, I better get tickets soon.)
Milk: S.O.D. (Ah, my metalhead roots. Wheat Thins and Beer.)
Kaze Wo Atsumete: ??? (This is from the Lost in Translation soundtrack and the name is in Japanese characters. Sorry)
What aa Little Moonlight Can Do: Billie Holiday (Voice of an angel, life of a fallen soul)
Anyway, there's a lot more where that came from, but I don't have room or readers' interests. One hour to go and I'm off for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
Aaaaaaaaaahh
ReplyDeleteBillie
I forgot Billie
:)
Aasa