Monday, February 20, 2006

Ice Fishing

I went ice fishing this weekend, which means I sat inside playing cards and drinking beer, waiting for the flags on the tip-ups to swing to the left. We managed to catch enough to feed eight people on Sunday morning, so it wasn't too bad. I acclimated to the weather quickly and even went cross country skiing on the lake. Unfortunately, there was a layer of slush under the snow and my skis became caked with ice a couple of times. I almost finished my cheery book and caught up on some sleep, so all in all it was a good weekend.

Here's a picture of me up North. Melvyn did just fine, being cold blooded and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...