Monday, February 5, 2007

Die Krieg Ist Abgeschlossen

It was World War II and my father, a couple of others and I were in Normandy. We found a hole in the ground that led down into a unfinished, suburban American-style basement. We went down into the whole and I kept throwing grenades through the studs and blowing up Germans. My father said not to do that as we needed to find information. Then Germans behind the counter in the unfinished basement threw red bottles of ketchup (the old, restaurant type that showed no brand) over at us in means of surrender. One crazy lo0king German walked out with a rather large rifle. I walked over. I can't remember if he shot at me, but I don't think so.

Then the dream rebooted. I told everyone to let me go down by myself. I told them that if I wasn't back in ten minutes to blow the hole. I went down there and shot a couple of them. Another came out and shot me in the back, but I was invincible. I told him that it is rare, but that I'll give him a second chance. Then I yelled that the war is over (in German) and that they should stop. I heard one say something, then another and the other shot the first one. I went over and killed the one who shot the other. The first one was shot in the abdomen.

I walked up the stairs/ladder with the two of them, the shot one over my shoulder. They started telling my group that I speak German and can't die. I told my group that I didn't know what they were saying. They left and I guarded the Germans. I took a piece of wire, wrapped a hook in it, and took the bullet out in the injured German. My perspective in the dream turned to the wire going into his body and pulling out the bullet. The other German was freaking a little and I told him, in German, that the war was over for him and that I was 10,000 years old. I also told him that I was born American, but ended up back 10,000 years ago and killed more people than were in the war. I said I was tired of the death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...