Friday, May 4, 2007

Essential Ten

So I put together an essential list of songs that I don't think I could do without. In no particular order:

"Expectations" - Belle & Sebastian: This is exactly how I felt every morning when I woke up to go to school.

"The Card Cheat" - The Clash: Glory is for fools.

"A Quick One, While He's Away (Live at Leeds version)" - The Who: As loud and chaotic as it gets.

"Velouria" - The Pixies: My favorite side of this band.

"Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldnt've)" - The Buzzcocks: There's a story behind this one and I'm not going to tell it. PERIOD.

"Y Teimlad" - Super Furry Animals: Favorite song of one of my favorite bands.

"Black Heart Road" - Slumber Party: Longing for someone all in one song.

"Fight the Power" - Public Enemy: Mother fuck Elvis and John Wayne!

"Not Going Anywhere" - Keren Ann: All the world's loneliness in one song.

"I Cried For You" - Billie Holiday: Every list needs Billie Holiday.

"Islands in the Streat" - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers: Because Steve said so.

So get off your butts and write yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...