Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back When Slick Willie Was President

Tonight I did my last Insurgent Radio Kiosk. After nine years, I need a new challenge. It's funny to think of all the time that I spent there.

When I started, Clinton had just finished bombing Serbia and Fight Club was about to come out in the theaters. The next year was filled with campaigning and the coronation of the Shrub as the next president. I also remember the http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifthe build up to the WTO protests in Seattle. Things at the station seemed sunnier to me then, probably because it was new. I was physically at the station when the war broke out.

Nine years later, I've endured two terms of the worst president ever, done, to my estimation, 350 or so Wednesdays. I've done them on holidays, days when I was deathly sick, and when no one was able to come in. Tonight, Glen, the volunteer coordinator, got me a good grasshopper cake and Casey Fox gave me send off on the air. I felt appreciated.

But my time is done. On to the next thing.

Geesh, absinthe is good stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...