I'm starting to get used to coffee, so bear with me.*
I skipped work last Friday and headed up to Nort'field to catch Shari's play. My drive was a simple one. I particularly enjoyed the XM religious station that aired some pastor speaking of the dangers of the new age (read buddhist) movement. Most of Friday was spent mellowing out at Shari and Michael's. I caught her play that night and am continually surprise what community theater can pull off. It was part of the life of Antigone
where she gets sent to her death. I really enjoyed it and even was able to warm up with the cast. Goofy stuff.
Saturday was just as mellow as we had breakfast at the house and hung out downtown. Michael, Sophie and I were at the fountain when it started raining, so we took cover in Blue Monday's. Shari caught up with us and we went to a knick knack kind of store so Shari could get cast gifts. After that, we went to Tiny's which was at one time the place you went to check out porno mags in the back by the pool tables. Sadly, there were no more pool tables, but there was good root beer and hot dogs.
I caught the play the next night as the storm threatened. It managed to miss the play, but we were stuck in the basement of the Arts Guild Theater while the tornado sirens blared. After those died down, we went to the house of one of the cast members. I really enjoyed all of their company. It was a wide range of ages from 14 up to the late 40's or 50's.
The next day, we caught breakfast was the Tavern, where I tried my first bit of coffee. It sucked. Well, it didn't suck, but I didn't like it. I still down. Just like beer, I'll force myself.
I helped take down the set the next day and, being me, ripped up my toenail on part of the set. I left from there and got caught in traffic near Wisconsin Dells, hell that it is.
All and all, it was a good weekend. I enjoy getting away to Northfield.
* I need caffeine in the morning, but need something healthier than Coca Cola. Now I get even more caffeine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Down the Road with Linux
About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...
-
Time to get nostalgic about a movie I saw eighteen years ago and was about a time seventeen years earlier. My college roommates can verify...
-
After the post below and after finding Dave's post, I created my South Park persona after a bike ride. I think it's fitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment