Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Roman Legion Gets a Try

In anticipation of the first rugby game of the season, I had a dream that I was training for a game in the Roman legion. Everything is a bit fuzzy, but I was on a hill and also kind of in an auditorium, too. My coach was yelling at everyone to try harder. At what, I don't know because we were all dressed in full Roman legion regalia.



An order came through to march on the enemy, whoever that was. I lined up and waited for a while. Then some soldier came stumbling back and said that we were getting slaughtered. We moved out and went through an alley of some sort that had niches with enemy soldier's in them. Only their heads were visible. We used our spears to kill them, then I though "hmmm... didn't Romans have short swords for close combat?" Poof, I had a short sword, making the carnage easier to propagate.



Then I was in a big, Roman looking atrium. We were in a line and so was the enemy. Actually, they were clerics or mystics. I stabbed some fat oracle lady.



And then I was in some split-level ranch house looking for my bedroom. Can't remember much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...