Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Random Babbling With Some Purpose

Those of you who have been (un)fortunate enough to be around me when caffeinated or, even more so, caffeinated and slightly drunk know my propensity to talk a mile a minute and switch from subject to subject. Although and I neither caffeinated nor drunk, I still have that mindset now.

Ye Be Warned.

So the past 3-4 months have been the most anxiety and self-doubt free months I've ever had. Strange really. I can't say anything really phases me anymore, at least not deeply. Such a vacation it has been.

If you want to catch a couple of movies, see District 9 and 500 Days of Summer. The former is a social commentary on racism & immigration. The main alien in it is the most humane CGI character that you'll ever see. Imagine Jar Jar Binks.... this alien redeems that. I didn't get too excited about the last third focusing on the main alien and main human, but that was more a personal preference of mine. It doesn't take away from the film at all in general. The second focuses on a brief romance or fling between two people. It roles through the light and fun of the start of a relationship to the bitter end, then resolve. There's a couple things the guy did that wasn't how I'd handle things, but it gave food for thought.

Ted Kennedy is dead. Next.

I'm working on a playlist called "Pornicopia". Yes, it will have one porn song in it, but mostly it's a collection of new music and some old that I've been listening to recently punctuated by audio of movies and such.

Rugby is going well and last night's practice burned my lungs. We're ultimately preparing for the international tournament in Minnesota next year. No broken rib, concussion, severed foot, or carotid artery will keep me from it.

Shaun moved out and into a new place with his girlfriend. It is strange to both Naida and me that he's not around. Tim has moved in a is a good presence. Unfortunately, his cat, Sophie, is very territorial and my cat is a complete wimp. We're working through the drama using gates and spray bottles.

Um, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Down the Road with Linux

About a week ago my System76 computer arrived at my doorstep. I'm getting a bit fed up with the graft and bloat of Big Tech, so I'm...