I'm happily sitting here with my glass of absinthe, playing solitaire on my computer and listening to my 1,788 favorite songs on iTunes through my headphones when
this song comes on. I'd sing to it, buy my roommate is deathly tired and I have a terrible voice. Anyway, the song reminded me why I just can't accept the world as it is handed to me. Not that it's a bad place, just that it could be so much better. Rejection isn't cynical, at least it isn't inherently. The Tunisian and Egyptian protestors aren't pessimists. Well, they're pessimists in that they don't believe in the status quo. But they've rejected it and looked for something better. It's amazing why shit circumstances will bring you to do.
So, this is why I find more rebellion in Fats Domino than I do Motley Crue. Fats has more life and joy. Motley Crue is pure hedonism. Fine, but so is masturbation.
No comments:
Post a Comment